Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week 2 response

1. The definition that makes sense to me is where she says, "teachers must take into account who they are teaching as well as what they are teaching. The goal is to plan actively and consistently to help each learner move as far and as fast as possible along a learning continuum." After reading that definition I had a better grasp on the concept of differentiation.

2b. "Will I be affirmed as a person here? Is there a real contribution for me to make in this place? Will what goes on in here seem purposeful to me? Will it make me realize I have power within me? Will I feel a satisfaction that comes from a challenge conquered?". I like that quote because that truly is what the student's think. It is important that we do not just feel like we are only teaching the students how to multiply or about the American Revolution, but we are teaching them that they are excepted as the person they are. What we teach them needs to have a purpose for them. The students really need to know the amount of power each of them have within them.

1 comment:

  1. Great insights, Kellie! Isn't it interesting that OUR experiences in class are not really very different from what our students' experiences are (and will be)? It's a huge responsibility that I'm asking you all to accept, and it's hard for me to accept it myself. 4 points

    ReplyDelete