Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Week 3 reading response

1. How might you use the information this would produce, in differentiating? What would you, personally, want to add to or remove from this inventory? Explain.

I absolutely love these surveys. I think they would be so handy to keep on fill throughout the school year. That way I could go back to them for information about the students and also use the information to do something special for the students. The one on page 101 I like how it asks the students what type of person they are when they learn. That survey would really be helpful with creating different study groups or groups for assignments because I could then have a person of each type in the group so that the groups are very well rounded. Also if certain students need it quiet when working I can know the ways that they learn better. On that survey I would maybe add a section for in the middle. Because there maybe some students that like it quiet but would not mind if there was a little music playing. In that section the students could give a brief elaboration on why they put it there. The other interest survey I would maybe use it as a student of the month or something like that. I would point out some of the highlights from the students survey so that all the students can learn more about the students.

What are some relationships you see between this variety of inventory types, and what we are beginning to learn about differentiating content, or process, or product for readiness, or learning profile, or interest?

Once again I must say that I absolutely love these inventories. I think they are such a great tool to use. I love how the first ones have smiley faces and frowny faces on them. These inventories help differentiate because they cover so many different things, and in different ways. They are not all the same inventory done the same way for all students. The inventories seem to be done an open ended question. These inventories are done in so many ways like drawing, writing, circling and so on. I have been learning how important it is to make sure that we teach to all different types of learners. Not all of our students learn the same way.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT response to the first question. You have some good insight into many reasons for using this type of inventory. Can you look a little deeper into the online inventories? Do you see how you could give every child ONE of these, and determine how to group them together for what they know and what they need to know that is common with others in the class? Can you think of other ways they can help you differentiate? 3 points

    ReplyDelete